In our mission we state: The FAMILY YMCA OF GREATER LAURENS, under the guidance of Christian Principles, seeks to serve all people in our community to enable them them to achieve their full potential through the development of body, mind and spirit.
1. Youth needing after school care and in all-day camp settings in the summer.
2. Children whose families are temporarily out of work.
3. Children with limited family income, self-referred or referred by schools, churches or agencies.
4. Those children identified by donors, specific gifts; such as day campers, youth sports and memberships.
5. Those children the YMCA can reach through special events.
We seek people sympathetic to the goals of the YMCA, who can and will make good use of the Y programs and facilities. We are not equipped to provide individualized attention or counseling, and must reserve the right not to accept referrals that require this special help.
How is assistance granted?
1. A person seeking assistance contacts the Membership Director at the YMCA. The person seeking help is asked to bring information so that a sliding scale fee can be discussed.
2. When possible, everyone is asked to pay something.
3. Assistance may be for the duration of a given program or with membership for a twelve-month period.